In recent times much has been said about Social Security, but do you know what this program is? Do you know how it works in Brazil? No? So you need to read today’s content until the end! Check!
Social Security: what is it?
Social security is nothing more than a government social insurance, in which the worker participates, based on monthly contributions. This amount paid to the government gives you greater security if you need government assistance for your income.
The objective of this contribution is, therefore, to guarantee the insured worker an income when he can no longer work, either for reasons of age, health, or for any other problem considered serious and that has made him unable to work.
In addition, it is worth noting that in Brazil, social security is administered by the department of social security that is within the Ministry of Finance and the benefit is forwarded via INSS.
Who has the right to social security?
Thus, we can say that social security is not restricted only to the famous retirement of the elderly, since it also includes other benefits, such as:
- Maternity Salary;
- Sickness Aid;
- Death pension.
- Among others.
Thus, if you are a formal worker, registered in clt rules, or self-employed, you are entitled to social security, provided that you make your contributions monthly to the INSS and within the period stipulated to become a beneficiary of the program.
However, if you want to contribute to the INSS, even without having a work relationship, thus ensuring your retirement in old age, you can make the contributions on an optional basis.
Generally choosing these options are:
How to register with INSS
To register with the INSS, there is no mystery, since you just follow the step by step that we will present you below:
STEP 1 – First, you must enter the Federal Government website through the following link: https://www.gov.br/pt-br/servicos/solicitar-inscricao-junto-ao-inss
STEP 2 – Next, you should click START.
STEP 3 – You will be sent to a government registration page, in which you must fill out a form with all your information. If you already have registration in PIS, PASEP or NIS, the number you have of them can already facilitate your registration in the INSS.
STEP 4 – Have at hand some mandatory documents, which are: CPF number, number of your ID.
Important note: You can now also download My INSS, an application that will make your life even easier when you sign up for INSS.
Benefits of INSS
There are several benefits that INSS taxpayers will be able to enjoy by making their payments monthly and within the stipulated time. Among the main ones we can mention, we have:
- Special retirement;
- Retirement by age;
- Retirement by contribution time;
- Disability retirement;
- Accident Assistance;
- Sickness Aid;
- Care Benefit;
- Death Pension;
- Maternity Salary.
- Retirement of people with disabilities;
- Seclusion Aid.
How to contribute to retirement by the INSS
If you are a formal worker with a signed work permit, the PAYMENT OF THE INSS is made automatically, and basically it is the companies that are responsible for this type of payment.
On the other hand, if you are a self-employed worker, you must make payments for pension guides that are printed on the pension site itself, with purchased in stationery and bookstores.
Access the pension guide here: https://www.gov.br/previdencia/pt-br
What are the types of pension?
Currently we have in Brazil two types of pension, which are:
- Pension plan for formal private sector workers: registered from the CLT.
- Public servants: they have a differentiated pension system.
Both schemes are compulsory contribution, i.e. all workers must pay their pension, either directly or through their employers.
How to apply for retirement by INSS?
It is important to highlight that, for you to request your retirement by inss, you will not need to go to the institution, since the whole process can be done digitally, accessing the site or application of My INSS.
Thus, the step by step necessary to be able to make the request for your retirement is as follows:
- Access the My INSS portal via the following link: https://meu.inss.gov.br/central/#/login?redirectUrl=/
- Next, click SIGN IN (for this, you need to have the Login and Password data you learned to create earlier). Enter your Social Security Number and click NEXT.
- Once this is done, you will be automatically directed to the INSS portal, being able to check all your data in a personalized way, containing several icons highlighted. Click ASK FOR RETIREMENT
- The page will present you with different types of retirement and you should choose the one that seems most convenient to you (urban retirement, by rural age, contribution time, age disability, etc.).
- The page will ask you to complete some data to follow up on your retirement application. Fill in what you need and click CONTINUE.
- Once this is done, the system will check your data and if you are approved, you must inform the agency that you want me to be responsible for the payments.
- At the end, it will generate a protocol and you will click to generate a voucher. It is important to keep checking the My INSS portal via Schedules and Requests item, because it will be in this icon that you will be able to check the progress of your retirement request.