Today’s article is about PIS! This important social program created by the Brazilian Federal Government and which has been in vogue since 1970.
If you don’t know what it is, or are interested in better understanding the Social Integration Program (PIS), which is also called a salary allowance, and which many people are eager to receive, know that you’ve come to the right place!
In today’s article we will explain everything you need to know about this important program! Check it out and make a good read!
PIS: What is it?
First, we should highlight that PIS is a very interesting program that currently reaches more than 24 million Brazilians.
In general, the PIS, as well as the FGTS, is a program linked to labor rights, that is, to our working conditions, whether you are a public servant or a private sector worker.
In addition, this program is currently operated by Caixa Econômica Federal and is received once a year, being practically a 14th salary.
Who wouldn’t want to receive an overpayment in the middle of the year, or at the end of the year? With PIS this is possible!
It is also worth mentioning that, until the year 2015, the PIS was exactly that, an additional minimum wage, which was made available once a year.
However, today, PIS has a new configuration, the value being calculated based on the months worked in the reference year, which is usually the previous year.
How Does PIS Work?
The PIS is an “X” value that comes straight from the payrolls of companies to a fund of the Federal Savings Bank. In other words, it is nothing more than a quota that workers have, and which is managed by regulators.
This fund is provided for by law and companies need to make payment in all instances, since it is the right of the employed person.
How to check the PIS balance?
If you want to know how to query the balance of this program, now we will show you how to consult your PIS balance, step by step:
STEP 1 – Enter the Caixa website by link: https://www.caixa.gov.br/beneficios-trabalhador/pis/Paginas/default.aspx
STEP 2 – Entering website, you will need to register if you do not already have an account. In this way, fill out the requested form by entering the CPF number and clicking ON REGISTER.
STEP 3 – Once you have registered, you must also create an access password. It will be with this password that you will enter the site to consult your PIS whenever you want.
STEP 4 – Following, log in and enter the Cashier portal. Click the PIS tab.
STEP 5 – If you are entitled to pis will appear to you the value of the benefit.
How to draw the PIS?
If you find that there is a cash flow amount available, you will need to follow the payment calendar that we will mention at the end of this article in order to withdraw the benefit.
However, there are some exceptional cases where people will be entitled to withdraw the benefit at any time, which are:
- Those beneficiaries who agree with Law No. 13,932/2019;
- People 60 years and older;
- Persons who have a certificate of disability;
- Elderly with disabilities;
- People with cancer;
- People who have AIDS;
- Death of the participant;
- Among others.
Having the appropriate profile to request the pis draw, you can withdraw the benefit in different ways. The main ones are:
- By credit account, made available in instances where the worker has a personal account at caixa and that is with a positive balance and has a movement in recent months;
- It will also be possible to withdraw the money in correspondents from the Cashier, such as at ATMs and lottery, as long as you own the Citizen Card.
- Directly at the Caixa agency requesting the attendant responsible. In this case, you must be with some identification document, such as: identity, driver’s license, functional license recognized by Decree, passport issued in Brazil, or even abroad, military identity, identity card of foreigners, work card, etc.
PIS Payment Calendar
In 2021, Caixa Econômica Federal has already launched the official calendar, containing the payment dates of the PIS benefit and salary allowance. Check below what will be the days when you can withdraw your benefit:
- Born in July receive from 16/07/2020;
- Born in August receive from 18/08/2020;
- Born in September receive from 15/09/2020;
- Born in October receive from 14/10/2020;
- Born in November receive from 17/11/2020;
- Born in December receive from 15/12/2020;
- Born in January and February receive on 19/01/2021;
- Born in March and April receive on 11/02/2021;
- Born in higher and June receive on 17/03/2021.
As you can see throughout our article today, The PIS is an excellent benefit provided by law for workers in Brazil.
So, if you fit the mentioned recipient profile, be sure to go after your rights! Check your situation right now with the Caixa Econômica Federal website!
If this content was helpful to you, leave your feedback in the comments!