In recent times there has been a lot of talk in Brazil about the FGTS, a program of the Federal Government aimed at workers in the country. But do you know this program?
Also, do you know how it works and what does an FGTS for? In the article that today, we will introduce you to what is this program, how it works, how to consult it, payment calendar and many other things. Check it out and make a good read!
FGTS: What is it and what is it for?
The acronym FGTS stands for Service Time Guarantee Fund, created with the objective of protecting the Brazilian worker.
Basically, the people who are entitled to receive FGTS are as follows:
- Workers with a signed work permit;
- Domestic workers;
- Rural Workers;
- Temporary Workers;
- Single workers;
- Who works only during the harvest;
- Professional athletes.
In addition, it is worth mentioning that the money that is generated by the FGTS, comes from the worker’s contracting companies, which are required by law to deposit every month the equivalent of 8% of the salary paid to the worker in an account at Caixa Econômica Federal.
It is also worth noting that the FGTS amounts can never be devaluable from the worker’s salary, that is, the money deposited in the Cashier must be an extra amount paid by the owner of the company himself.
How to access FGTS
Currently, workers will be able to access the FGTS through the following channels:
- FGTS application;
- Site fgts.caixa.gov.br
- Caixa Econômica Federal Caixa 111 Telephone Exchange, option 2.
- Internet Banking.
How to view the BALANCE of the FGTS
There are two possible ways to check your FGTS balance. One of them is going in person at an agency of the Federal Savings Bank.
Arriving at the agency, you must request a consultation of your balance directly with the attendant, who will inform you how much you have of FGTS and how much you will have to receive.
If you have the Citizen Card and Password, you will also get this access at service stations.
Now, for those people who prefer to do the FGTS consultation online, there is the possibility of you accessing the website of Caixa Econômica Federal. Through this way it is possible to check the balance and postings in the last six months without even having to leave home.
Thus, if you want to have access to your balance through the Caixa Econômica Federal website, for example, you should follow the following step by step:
STEP 1 – Access the Caixa website by address: www.caixa.gov.br/extrato-fgts
STEP 2 – Next, enter your NIS number and click on “Register Password”.
STEP 3 – Read the regulation and click “I accept”;
STEP 4 – Fill in all fields with your personal data. Here, you will need your Voter Id number.
STEP 5 – Create a password with up to 8 digits and confirm;
STEP 6 – You will receive a registration notification made;
STEP 7 – To access, fill out the requested form with your personal information;
STEP 8 – Ready, you can now consult your FGTS extract.
How the payment calendar works
The payment schedule is pre-established every beginning of the year, and the payments are made, based on the date of your birth. Below, we will introduce you to how the payment schedule for the year 2021 is established:
- Born in January: January to March 31
- Born in February: February to April 30
- Born in March: March to May 31
- Born in April: April to June 30
- Born in May: From May to July 30
- Born in June: June to August 31
- Born in July: July to September 30
- Born in August: August to October 29
- Born in September: September to November 30 Born in October: October to December 31
- Born in November: November 2021 to 31 January 2022
- Born in December: December 2021 to February 28, 2022
How to withdraw the FGTS
The main cases in which this money may be withdrawn are:
- Dismissal without cause;
- Dismissal by agreement between employer and employee;
- End of contract for a fixed period;
- Contract finalized because the company closed;
- If you go 3 years in a row without working with a signed license;
- To buy your own home;
- To help buy property purchased by consortium or financing by SFH;
- If you are 70 years of age or older
- If you have a serious illness.
By fitting one of the above criteria, you will be able to make the booty of your FGTS without any mystery, since you just download the FGTS app on your mobile phone and check what are the values already released.
Then, just request the transfer, indicating a bank account of its ownership, and may be from any bank.
That’s right, that’s it! Everything is done in a 100% digital way, without the need to go right to a caixa agency. This feature has been available since February 2020. Enjoy and see the value of your FGTS right now!